Tuesday, November 08, 2005

letter from John Hsu


Dear alumni members of CSO, I welcome this opportunity to get in touch with you via this new CSO Newsletter before I retire officially from the Faculty at the end of this academic year.
For those of you who played in the CSO during my tenure as conductor, I want you to know that my years of making music with you gave me immense joy and satisfaction. It never ceased to amaze me that you were all able to play at such a high musical standard and with such a serious commitment while succeeding in meeting the demands of your academic programs. I treasure the memory of every work that we studied and performed together, in particular, the cycle of Beethoven Symphonies.
I am very pleased that the CSO is now in good hands under Professor Kim, and I want to urge you all to support the musical endeavors of the CSO in the years ahead.
I wish you success and satisfaction in your profession, and continuing joy in music making throughout your life.
With warmest best wishes,
John Hsu, Old Dominion Foundation Professor of Music
[from May 2005 Whole Notes]

No comments: